STARTING POINT: KANDY
We promote unique itineraries of community and sustainable tourism in Sri Lanka. From 2010 we are involved in the support and promotion of these itineraries, developed in the framework of international development projects.
The main objective of these projects was the fight against poverty through the creation of organic home gardens, spice processing unit, conversion from chemical production to eco-friendly production of paddy and the creation of Agro and Community tourism, with the direct participation of community village guides.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EXPERIENCE:
- A beautiful waterfall and waterslide, where there are many places to bathe in the tempting crystal clear waters.
- Eco-friendly home gardens with fresh vegetables grown using natural and chemical-free fertilizers and pesticides.
- Meeting place of the old Village Council, where they used to discuss village matters for hundreds of years. One of
those members of the council still lives in a house nearby.
- A traditional Sri Lankan Lunch will be arranged with vegetables and rice from village home gardens. Experience it with the renowned Sri Lankan hospitality of the village community.
- Paddy fields and a grove of Aricanut trees.
- Lunch at the local village
- Cost is per person
- Transport from/to your hotel (cost calculated if you are staying in Kandy)
- Guiding service from a Local Community guide
- Translation services from an English speaking driver or guide
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- All beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.