SPIRIT OF CEYLON | LUXURY TOUR OF SRI LANKA
8 DAYS - 7 NIGHTS PRIVATE TOUR
CULTURAL TRIANGLE | KANDY AND THE SURROUNDING VILLAGES | THE TEA COUNTRY | COLOMBO MUSEUMS | ART GALLERIES & NIGHTLIFE
An exciting intrepid journey through beautiful landscapes satisfying those wanting more than a beach holiday. An aesthetic tour of the ancient cities and their history, the central hills, discovering the last Kingdom’s Capital and unwinding in beautiful gardens overlooking mesmerizing tea plantations. This is truly an amazing experience of the Island's diversity.
• Sri Lanka’s Cultural triangle;
• Kandy, the historical Hill Capital;
• Unique village experiences with farmers and their Organic Spice Gardens;
• The astonishing landscapes of the Tea Country
• The lively Capital of Sri Lanka.
Day 1 to 3: CULTURAL TRIANGLE OF SRI LANKA
Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya. Enjoy the handicrafts and a village walk, or the Elephants at Minneriya. (All entry tickets payable at sights)
Day 3 to 5: KANDY THE HILL CAPTIAL OF CEYLON
Visit a real Organic Spice garden and meet the farmers in their village. Enjoy the dances and drums of the Kandyan Dancers. (All entry tickets payable at sights)
Day 5 to 7: THE CEYLON TEA TRAILS: HATTON
Train Journey on the Luxury wagon. Enjoy a guided walk through the tea plantation or relax with a Spa Treatment. Drive walk to World’s End (Horton Plains & Bakes Falls). Possibility to do white water rafting, mid-night climb to Adam’s Peak, Mountain Biking. (All entry tickets & treatments are payable at sights)
Offered with: Three gourmet meals daily, soft drinks, juices, wines, international spirits and beers, tea/coffee, afternoon cream tea, laundry service and phone calls within Sri Lanka. (Alcohol will not be served on Poya full moon days and other days prohibited by the Govt.).Bungalow circuit walks, and the Tea Experience with our planter-in-residence.
Day 7 to 8: COLOMBO - COMMERCIAL CAPITAL OF SRI LANKA
Shopping or just rest and relax in some cafés or discover the museums and art galleries of the Capital City. (All entry tickets payable at sights)
Day 8: COLOMBO to AIRPORT
For your flight back home.
From USD 2,033 per person (EUR 1,625 / GBP 1,286), on Double Room sharingbasis, in unique Boutique and Luxury Hotels, handpicked by us.
NOTE: Before you book see our Terms & Conditions
Click on the links below to view in a new window your place of stay or similar standard accommodation.
INCLUSIONS & NOTES
- Accommodation chosen as per the itinerary.
- Personalized welcome service at the airport, including a hostess and/or tour guide, refreshing towels, fresh flower garlands, cookies and biscuits, water bottle, 1 SIM card per group (returnable at the end of the tour), welcoming board.
- Meal plan: on BB= Bed and breakfast or HB=Half Board (Dinner and Breakfast), as per the holiday quote chosen by you. Unless specified in meal plan box any limitation even though if the tour is offered and chosen on a preferred meal plan option by you. Please check the box carefully. As you maybe under the impression you have paid a half board Holiday whilst a meal plan limitation exists on BB in some hotels.
- Transport in an Air-Conditioned Comfort Micro Van/Car with the services of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide. Unless requested for a Specific language speaking guide and confirmed by Paragon.
- Transport is from Airport arrival, to one hotel to another hotel and to sights as per the itinerary and also the drop to Airport for your departure.
- All the Government tax, VAT, & the Latest NBT Taxes.
- Parking at all points.
- Complimentary farewell dinner or bottle of wine on the beach or Ayurveda treatment. This will be confirmed on the type of itinerary chosen.
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- ETA Mandatory VISA on Arrival (please refer to the Trip Notes Below for details)
- International or domestic flights.
- Sightseeing entry tickets to Archaeological Sites, National Parks and/or excursions, as per itinerary above.
- Travel insurances.
- Paid optional excursions
- Any Sightseeing tickets/Excursions not confirmed and booked with us prior to confirmation of holiday.
- Any expenses of personal nature like water bottles, laundry and telephone calls etc.
- All beverages in Hotels, also dinner beverages if Half Board option is chosen
- Any meals other than chosen outside the itinerary.
- Any tips to the hotels staff, guides or driver.
- Any expenses other than mentioned above
THE WAY WE QUOTE
We need to balance many essentials to meet your interests and desires with the reality of limitations and objections we encounter such as your budget or limited availability of accommodation. We spend time to make the trip work for you in THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- I.We aim to propose the best trip in keeping with your interests and your budget. This may differ from your own idea you had of travelling in Sri Lanka.
- II.We try to route the trip as professionally as possible to reduce the time on the road.
- III.We work around availability limitations for hotels, vehicles, drivers, guides.
- IV.We try to make the trip attractive and practical, so that you can connect with Sri Lanka in a meaning and unique way, offering you also the opportunity to interact more with the local community. Is travelling rewarding without a local/Authentic real life experience with a new culture? Impressions all you take back home.
- In order to meet your budget we may recommend mix high-end with mid-range hotels or guest houses. We will try our best to advise you whether a particular hotel is worth stretching the budget for or where one might cut back to meet one’s budget. The principle is logical, value for money and whether a particular hotel is appealing and valuable. We strive to be as honest and detailed as possible with you in describing the accommodation – we do feel it is critical that you read on-line reviews on independent websites. Eventually you need to decide for yourself whether the hotel works for you. Changes are not always possible. In our website on the Accommodation list, you can find also our personal reviews in each accommodation provided. Feel free to review the Ups & Downs of the accommodation offered: http://www.paragonholidays.com/index.php/en/accommodation-type
- In Sri Lanka there are import duties and other government levies on vehicles. From experience we know this makes the transport / logistics costs component of the trip a little high by comparison to other countries of the region such as Thailand (Sri Lanka is an island and sometimes this cost difference surprises people). Please don’t be fooled by cheap transportTypically there is a catch to cheap transport, usually involving chauffeurs pushing a lot to shop during the whole tour, We are committed to working in the interest of YOUR experience of this country, and not for anyone else’s benefit. Unlike most of our competitors we DO NOT push
- Unfortunately, there is not an infinite supply of great guides, collaborators and drivers. If you book last minute during a heavy period we will still try to help but please understand the best chauffeurs, guides and site guides “we owe them to the early birds”.
IIMPORTANT TRIP NOTES:
All given hotel room options are subjected to availability. If a hotel room is not available and other options are suggested by Paragon Holidays, please bear in mind that the cost applicable will be notified to you for either extra payment or for a reduction. Paragon Holidays is not responsible for any injuries or death that can occur by taking part in wildlife safaris, community experiences, elephant rides, white water rafting or any other adventure activities. It is solely a decision made by you at your own risk. These activities, however, are common many travellers in Sri Lanka.
Visas to Sri Lanka: Latest updates issued by the Department of Immigration and Emigration with regards to the ETA process: ETA is an official authorization for a short visit to Sri Lanka (30 days) and is issued electronically. The ETA can now be obtained On-Line by logging on to www.eta.gov.lk and following the instructions. If you are looking for a longer trip, the Visit Visa is renewable for 60 more days at the Department of Immigration in Colombo. The costs are US$20 as a standard for all countries for processing the visa prior to arrival. For South Asian (SAARC) countries the cost will be US$10. For children under the age of 12 there is no charge. Those who arrive at the airport without a prior visa will also be able to obtain a visa at the port of arrival. The costs are US$25 for all countries and US$15 for South Asian (SAARC) countries.
Having the reference number with you, or better the printout of the Visa confirmation, will save you a lot of time at the airport. Please note that it is expected that there will be longer queues for those without the reference number, at the airport.
Visas for onward travel: Please be kindly advised that we do not handle visa applications for onward travel to countries that request visas to be pre-arranged such as India. Travelers routing through India are advised to obtain an Indian Visa that will allow them to transit. Please check with your ticketing company.
CHANGES TO THE ITINERARY
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions
LUXURY SAFARI BOOKINGS: Kulu and other luxury Safaris require guests to arrive no later than 1PM to the entrance of the park. Please inquire us if you wish to add this experience to your itinerary.
COMPLAINTS: We try very hard to manage your expectations. We are very proud of the fact that the immense majority of our clients enjoy their stay in Sri Lanka and compliment the services provided by the hotels and Paragon Holidays. There are instances, regrettably, when people feel that their expectations have not been met. We see ourselves as a learning organization and take all feedback and criticism constructively. We do have one important request: If you feel uncomfortable with any particular aspect of your trip, it is extremely important that you kindly let us know while you are in Sri Lanka. Please do not leave it for a latter day or for when you are back home. If we are made aware of any issues or shortcomings this gives the opportunity to rectify and take corrective action. If we are not made aware of issues or shortcomings you are experiencing with our services while you are travelling, request for refunds or compensation will not be entertained. All complaints should be directed to the number Hotline – 00-94 3122 73418. / 778 756 361 / 772 106326
PAYMENT TERMS: The Payment Schedule
- There will be no binding contract for your holiday until we have received a signed booking form and/or payment of the deposit/sum required. You need only pay the deposit shown on the invoice at the time of booking, and you must pay the balance as per our terms and conditions, prior to departure or on/before the date indicated on the invoice as payment due. Please note that, according to Sri Lankans Hotels’ policy, we are subj ected to full cancellation policies. For this reason, we request full deposit to the clients, at least of the accommodation at the moment of booking. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL CLIENTS TO GET A TRAVEL INSURANCE, which also covers travel cancellations from the traveller. Please kindly note that bookings can only be considered CONFIRMED once the requested deposit or full payment is made.
- If you are booking a holiday for the peak period we will need full payment at the time of booking. This, however, depends on the services booked and we will rightly inform you the correct amount in advance.
- Please remember to add your bank charges to the payment. To see exchange rates please visit www.xe.com
HOW TO PAY?
- We encourage all our guests to pay by Bank Transfer because it saves more money than credit card fees and much safer too, and we do appreciate your understanding and thank you in advance if you can pay by bank transfer.
- Once payment has been settled we will issue a confirmation voucher, contact details and will assign the chauffer guide. The confirmation voucher contains details of the arrival procedure as well as important contact numbers.
VILLAS IN SRI LANKA: For those interested to make a villa booking and find information about villas in Sri Lanka.
Please visit our dedicated website of villas. http://www.villainsrilanka.co.uk
- All prices are inclusive of tax and service charges
- Transport times are approximate and subject to change due to road and weather conditions
- All reservations are subject to availability at time of booking
- All Prices are based on 2 people Sharing a Double room or Twin room.
LATE CHECK OUTS & EARLY ARRIVALS:
Must be informed at the time of booking and will be charged in addition to the quoted prices separately. The Standard Check in Time in Sri Lanka is 14.00hrs. Check out time is 12.00. Anything beyond this has to be informed as with your flight times at the time of enquiry or booking. It will be charged if any hotels do not allow occupying of rooms free of charge. If we are not informed of early check in or late check outs we will not be responsible on such situations.
Beach Extensions: Beach Extensions are given on requests, Please request for prices.
Professional Filming: For a professional video camera filming in the Archeological Sites, you do need a permit. You need to contact the cultural triangle office Direct (+94 11 2501 944) and tell them what exactly you are planning to do and they will let you know the cost.
Price and Currency: “Paragon Holidays quotes are based upon the day’s exchange rate with the US$, GBP £ and Euro at time of booking. The quote is confirmed when it is accepted by the client at which point a Travel Voucher/Pro-forma invoice will be issued. And Booking Conditions will apply. During itinerary planning, uncontrollably fluctuating exchange rates may cause the quote to be amended up or down while negotiations are taking place. We endeavor to keep such uncertainty to a minimum.”
MAKE AN ENQUIRY