VICTORIA GOLF HOUSE| PH017
DIGANA, KANDY | HILL COUNTRY| SRI LANKA
3.30 Hours to International Airport.
The House is conveniently located near the Clubhouse. The Swimming Pool is within walking distance. This is an ideal villa for keen golfers due to its proximity to the golf course.
• Ultimate Golfers paradise in Sri Lanka
• For Exploring Kandy and then staying away from city atmosphere in privacy
• To play round of Golf and stay at the course itself
The bungalow comprises of three double bedrooms - the master bedroom has an en suite bathroom whilst the other two rooms share a bathroom. The villa is light and airy and its many balconies provide fantastic views over the first fairway to the Victoria Lake beyond.
FOOD & AMENITIES
The Scandinavian style furnishings combine taste and comfort and the well equipped kitchen can be used by guests. Breakfast is served in the Araliya Restaurant.
The Victoria Golf and Country Resort offers a wide range of facilities including a challenging 18-hole golf course designed by Donald Steel that has been voted the ‘Best Course in Asia 2005’ by Asian Golf Monthly and ranked in the ‘Top 100 Most Beautiful Courses’ by Golf Digest. There are also two putting greens, driving range, Pro-shop and PGA golf academy. Other sports and recreational facilities include a floodlit tennis court, Riding School and Saddle club that offer horse riding lesson and treks for children and adults; an infinity swimming pool, and rejuvenating Ayurvedic massages. The surrounding reservoir and central hills are ideal for bird watching. Over 100 species of birds can be spotted on nature trails within the 500-acre estate.
Kandy, 45 minutes away, is steeped in history and culture. Interesting activities include: a visit to the Temple of the Tooth where a sacred tooth relic of the Lord Buddha is enshrined; Peradeniya Botanical gardens; and vibrant Kandyan dancing and drumming. The Victoria Golf & Country Club is in Digana and on the northern route into the magnificent Knuckles Conservation Range – a World Heritage Site. Nature lovers will enjoy going on an adventurous day’s excursion into the Knuckles.
UPS & DOWNS
• Honeymooners High Spot
• Great relaxation, Personalized service and tranquil atmosphere
• Great base to explore Sri Lanka’s Cultural triangle sights
• No Nightlife nearby. During weekends, in Kandy city some hotels maybe have a night club, but this is not to the same standards as Europe and also clubs are crowded with “Men Only”: unless it is some special event some women can be seen. However, it is not as Colombo night life, in fact not nearer.
• No good standard restaurants nearby. If you want to dine outside the course you must travel 45 mins to Kandy and then choices are quite limited. The Pub in Kandy (The Bake House Pub) is a bit racist towards their own people and in an attempt to stop locals the prices are pretty High - in fact overpriced - But the price of beers is the same price as in Europe or a bit more: anyway, the attempt to stop the locals has not been very successful here still. Worth trying the Pizza Hut (if you are not Italian!!) and Rams (South Indian spicy good food: no beer and no smoking policy, but still worth it). Afterwards you can always drive back or head to Hotel Casamara nearby for Roof top view over Kandy city and some Alcoholic drinks). Also worth visiting Senani restaurant which has a fabulous view of the city of Kandy by night (or even Day) with the Kandy lake highlighted and the big Buddha statue on the top, very visible from there.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Best Price Guaranteed on below Options:
Minimum 2 Nights + Vehicle Transfer, at least one way
Minimum 4 Nights in this property or in a number of properties combined.
(Hotels, Boutique Hotels, Bungalows, Guest Houses, Eco Lodges or Villas)
We only accept bookings for the minimum periods above stated.
Please enquire for rates. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable).
In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.