THREE BEDROOM VILLA| PH011
VICTORIA GOLF COURSE - KANDY | HILL COUNTRY| SRI LANKA
4 Hours to Colombo. You can avoid road by flying directly to Victoria using the Air Taxi from the International Airport (40 minutes).
A spacious, three-bedroom villa with splendid views of the Victoria golf course, reservoir and the Knuckles Mountain Range in Sri Lanka. Designed by Anjalendran, a well-known Sri Lankan architect, the villa has bamboo colored exterior walls and is constructed on split levels with high timber roofs, large open spaces and wide verandahs that allow you to enjoy the surrounding views and the cool up-country climate. The house has an informal and upbeat atmosphere with brightly-colored upholstery, polished cement floors and a mixture of both Sri Lankan and Oriental furniture. The villa is ideal for friends travelling together or families with older children.
• Golf travellers
• Those seeking villa-styled places in the Hill Country or Kandy
• Families seeking privacy and luxury
- The Villa has 3 double bedrooms with private balconies and ensuite bathrooms with open air hot water shower.
- Two of the rooms have air-con and all three have overhead ceiling fans.
- All rooms are furnished with comfortable double beds. One room is particularly large and also has a bunk bed which can be used by children.
FOOD & AMENITIES
Steps from the main entrance lead you into a spacious living and dining area which opens out to a large covered verandah ideal for outdoor dining. There is a modern kitchen on the ground floor and BBQ facilities. Guests can cook their own meals or hire a chef at an additional charge who can prepare Sri Lankan and western cuisine in-house. The Villa can be booked on a BB or HB basis which includes breakfast and dinner at the Araliya restaurant at the Club house. Guests are welcome to bring their own alcoholic beverages.
Other villa facilities include:
• A library,
• Cable TV, DVD player, music system, and internet facility (at an additional charge).
• Bamboo does not have a swimming pool, although guests can use the infinity swimming pool as well as the tennis courts at the Victoria Resort free-of-charge.
• All other facilities at the VGCR are available at an additional fee. Bamboo has a live-in housekeeper who will look after the guests needs.
• The Victoria Golf and Country Resort presents a broad variety of services including a challenging 18-hole golf course designed by Donald Steel that has been voted the ‘Best Course in Asia 2005’ by Asian Golf Monthly and ranked in the ‘Top 100 Most Beautiful Courses’ by Golf Digest.
• There are also two putting greens, driving range, Pro-shop and PGA golf academy.
• Other sports and recreational facilities include a floodlit tennis court, Riding School and Saddle club that offer horse riding lesson and treks for children and adults; an infinity swimming pool, and rejuvenating Ayurvedic massages.
• The surrounding reservoir and central hills are ideal for bird watching. Over 100 species of birds can be spotted on nature trails within the 500-acre estate.
• Kandy, 45 minutes away, is rich in history and culture. Interesting activities include: a visit to the Temple of the Tooth where a sacred tooth relic of the Lord Buddha is enshrined; Peradeniya Botanical gardens; and lively Kandyan dancing and drumming.
• The Victoria Golf & Country Club is in Digana and on the northern route into the magnificent Knuckles Conservation Range – a World Heritage Site. Nature lovers will enjoy going on an adventurous day’s excursion into the Knuckles.
UPS & DOWNS
• Perfect relaxation spot
• Great if you are a Golf lover
• No private swimming pool
• Not very close to Kandy city
• If you need to do shopping etc. nothing nearby
• Meal Options can be limited