FOUR BEDROOM VILLA IN VICTORIA RESERVOIR
DIGANA, KANDY | HILL COUNTRY| SRI LANKA
4 Hours from International Airport. Avoid the road travel, by flying directly to Victoria using the Air Taxi from the Airport (40 minutes), which lands on the Victoria reservoir.
A beautiful six-bedroom boutique hotel style House, in a tranquil setting overlooking the charming Victoria reservoir and the Knuckles Mountain Range.
Perched at the edge of a hill with spectacular views of the Victoria reservoir, the golf course and the surrounding mountains, Tamarind Lodge is an exquisite boutique hotel style house that is ideal for golfers and non-golfers who wish to spend a quiet and relaxing holiday. Designed by an American architect and a Sri Lankan architect - a student of the late Geoffrey Bawa, one of Sri Lanka’s most famous architects, this Villa is a bright mixture of Asian and western modern design. The entranceway shaded by a Tamarind tree, lets you into this peaceful and luxurious property with definite design influences of Geoffrey Bawa. Open terraces, courtyards and balconies reduce the boundaries between the `inside’ and 'outside’ letting you take in the tropical sunshine, the cooling hill country breeze and the scenic surroundings. Rough granite floors and the saffron coloured walls of the interiors are blended with luxurious furnishings, antique Sri Lankan statuettes and even bath fittings from Paris. The Villa is divided into two wings with both sections having three ensuite bedrooms and separate facilities allowing guests a great deal of privacy. This boutique hotel can be booked in its entirety or per room with or without exclusivity.
• Golf travellers
• Seeking villa styled places in the Hill Country or Kandy
• Families seeking privacy and homely feeling
There are six spacious and tasteful ensuite bedrooms (three twins and three doubles), separated into two wings. Some rooms open to the garden and others, with private balconies, overlook Victoria Lake and the Kandyan hills.
The two wings are separated by an artistic and peaceful courtyard. The main entrance is through the first wing which consists of indoor living and dining spaces, well-equipped kitchen, and bedrooms opening out to the garden.
The second wing can be accessed through the first wing or through a separate entrance.
It has bedrooms on the upper floor and an outside dining area with BBQ overlooking the spectacular infinity pool on the ground floor. This wing has a secret doorway on the second floor from which to dive into the swimming pool below. The ensuite bathrooms are smooth and have hot water showers, vanity, and w/c. The master bedroom has a vast, private sun terrace and a secluded outside shower with breathtaking views.
FOOD & AMENITIES
• Other facilities include satellite TV, music system with outdoor speakers, internet facilities and library. There is an attentive local couple that lives in, and works as chef and butler, who will ensure that you have a memorable stay. Sri Lankan and western cuisine is served here prepared with fresh meats and vegetables bought locally.
• The property can be booked on a BB or HB basis with breakfast and dinner served in-house. Lunch can be had at the Araliya restaurant at the Club house. Araliya has an a la carte menu of Sri Lankan and western meals and light snacks. Guests are welcome to use the tennis courts at the Victoria Resort free-of-charge. All other facilities at the VGCR are available at an additional fee.
• The Victoria Golf and Country Resort presents a broad variety of services including a challenging 18-hole golf course designed by Donald Steel that has been voted the ‘Best Course in Asia 2005’ by Asian Golf Monthly and ranked in the ‘Top 100 Most Beautiful Courses’ by Golf Digest.
• There are also two putting greens, driving range, Pro-shop and PGA golf academy.
• Other sports and recreational facilities include a floodlit tennis court, Riding School and Saddle club that offer horse riding lesson and treks for children and adults; an infinity swimming pool, and rejuvenating Ayurvedic massages.
• The surrounding reservoir and central hills are ideal for bird watching. Over 100 species of birds can be spotted on nature trails within the 500-acre estate.
• Kandy, 45 minutes away, is rich in history and culture. Interesting activities include: a visit to the Temple of the Tooth where a sacred tooth relic of the Lord Buddha is enshrined; Peradeniya Botanical gardens; and lively Kandyan dancing and drumming.
• The Victoria Golf & Country Club is in Digana and on the northern route into the magnificent Knuckles Conservation Range – a World Heritage Site. Nature lovers will enjoy going on an adventurous day’s excursion into the Knuckles.
UPS & DOWNS
• Perfect relaxation spot
• Amazing views of the reservoir and the Knuckles Mountains
• Great if you are a Golf lover
• Swimming pool
• Not close to Kandy city
• If you need to do shopping etc nothing nearby
• Meal Options can be limited
• No Nightlife nearby. During weekends, in Kandy city some hotels maybe have a night club, but this is not to the same standards as Europe and also clubs are crowded with “Men Only”: unless it is some special event some women can be seen. However, it is not as Colombo night life, in fact not nearer.
• No good standard restaurants nearby. If you want to dine outside the course you must travel 45 mins to Kandy and then choices are quite limited. The Pub in Kandy (The Bake House Pub) is a bit racist towards their own people and in an attempt to stop locals the prices are pretty High - in fact overpriced - But the price of beers is the same price as in Europe or a bit more: anyway, the attempt to stop the locals has not been very successful here still. Worth trying the Pizza Hut (if you are not Italian!!) and Rams (South Indian spicy good food: no beer and no smoking policy, but still worth it). Afterwards you can always drive back or head to Hotel Casamara nearby for Roof top view over Kandy city and some Alcoholic drinks). Also worth visiting Senani restaurant which has a fabulous view of the city of Kandy by night (or even Day) with the Kandy lake highlighted and the big Buddha statue on the top, very visible from there.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Best Price Guaranteed on below Options:
Minimum 2 Nights + Vehicle Transfer, at least one way
Minimum 4 Nights in this property or in a number of properties combined.
(Hotels, Boutique Hotels, Bungalows, Guest Houses, Eco Lodges or Villas)
We only accept bookings for the minimum periods above stated.
Please enquire for rates. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable).
In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.