Four-Bedroom Golf Course Villa
DIGANA, KANDY | HILL COUNTRY | SRI LANKA
4 hours from Colombo. Avoid road travel by flying directly to Victoria reservoir through the Air Taxi (40 minutes from International Airport).
A Golf Villa Perched on a hill, 15 mins walk from the Club House is a Four-bedroom villa blessed with tranquil surroundings and wonderful views across the fairway to the mountains beyond. This is a villa comprised of 4 A/C en suite bedrooms (2 double, 2 twins) decorated in a Sri Lankan style. The villa is perched on a hill, 2km from the clubhouse and has the most wonderful views across the fairway to the mountains beyond. Spacious living areas and balconies provide perfect areas to relax and unwind. The kitchen is well equipped and can be used by guests to cook meals, alternatively, a chef can be provided by the resort. The villa is situated 1.5 kms from the club house and free transfers are provided.
• Golf travellers
• Seeking villa styled places in the Hill Country or Kandy
• Families seeking privacy and homely feeling
Each of our four exquisitely-appointed suites are decorated amidst an elegant collection of antique furniture. The little luxuries are abundant at Subashri.
The Villa also comes with a fully-equipped TV/DVD system to keep the kids entertained. The ensuite bathrooms have h/w showers.
FOOD & AMENITIES
Dine indoors or outdoors on the balcony taking in the spectacular scenery. The open plan kitchen is well-equipped with modern appliances. friendly & accommodating resident staff provide a service and cuisine reminiscent of the colonial era and plantation bungalows. Subashri has a resident staff of two (Cook and Butler) to cater to all your needs. Menus can be planned together with our cook to your liking. Room rates are inclusive of an English breakfast and local cuisine for dinner (on half board). We recommend the pol rotti, thosai, lamb and pork chops, macaroni pies, pumpkin soup and to finish off your meal with the bread pudding or cream caramel. All other facilities at the VGCR are available at an additional fee.
The villa can be booked on a BB or HB basis which includes breakfast and dinner at the Araliya restaurant at the Club house. Araliya has an a la carte menu of Sri Lankan and western meals and light snacks. Guests also have the option of cooking their own meals in-house or hiring a chef at an additional charge who can prepare Sri Lankan and western cuisine.
• The Victoria Golf and Country Resort presents a broad variety of services including a challenging 18-hole golf course designed by Donald Steel that has been voted the ‘Best Course in Asia 2005’ by Asian Golf Monthly and ranked in the ‘Top 100 Most Beautiful Courses’ by Golf Digest.
• There are also two putting greens, driving range, Pro-shop and PGA golf academy.
• Other sports and recreational facilities include a floodlit tennis court, Riding School and Saddle club that offer horse riding lesson and treks for children and adults; an infinity swimming pool, and rejuvenating Ayurvedic massages.
• The surrounding reservoir and central hills are ideal for bird watching. Over 100 species of birds can be spotted on nature trails within the 500-acre estate.
• Kandy, 45 minutes away, is rich in history and culture. Interesting activities include: a visit to the Temple of the Tooth where a sacred tooth relic of the Lord Buddha is enshrined; Peradeniya Botanical gardens; and lively Kandyan dancing and drumming.
• The Victoria Golf & Country Club is in Digana and on the northern route into the magnificent Knuckles Conservation Range – a World Heritage Site. Nature lovers will enjoy going on an adventurous day’s excursion into the Knuckles.
UPS & DOWNS
• Perfect relaxation spot
• Great if you are a Golf lover
• Not close to Kandy city
• If you need to do shopping etc nothing nearby
• Meal Options can be limited
• No swimming pool
• No Nightlife nearby. During weekends, in Kandy city some hotels maybe have a night club, but this is not to the same standards as Europe and also clubs are crowded with “Men Only”: unless it is some special event some women can be seen. However, it is not as Colombo night life, in fact not nearer.
• No good standard restaurants nearby. If you want to dine outside the course you must travel 45 mins to Kandy and then choices are quite limited. The Pub in Kandy (The Bake House Pub) is a bit racist towards their own people and in an attempt to stop locals the prices are pretty High - in fact overpriced - But the price of beers is the same price as in Europe or a bit more: anyway, the attempt to stop the locals has not been very successful here still. Worth trying the Pizza Hut (if you are not Italian!!) and Rams (South Indian spicy good food: no beer and no smoking policy, but still worth it). Afterwards you can always drive back or head to Hotel Casamara nearby for Roof top view over Kandy city and some Alcoholic drinks). Also worth visiting Senani restaurant which has a fabulous view of the city of Kandy by night (or even Day) with the Kandy lake highlighted and the big Buddha statue on the top, very visible from there.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Best Price Guaranteed on below Options:
Minimum 3 Nights + Vehicle Transfer, at least one way
Minimum 5 Nights in this property or in a number of properties combined.
(Hotels, Boutique Hotels, Bungalows, Guest Houses, Eco Lodges or Villas)
We only accept bookings for the minimum periods above stated.
Please enquire for rates. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable).
In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.