TANGALLE| SOUTH COAST| SRI LANKA
2 hrs from Galle Fort. 5 hrs to International Airport (via Southern Highway).
A Simple Guest house with Swimming pool, occupying a scenic location near Tangalle, where the Rekuwa lagoon meets the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. One who will arrive at this magnificent resort would definitely think that this location may be a nature‘s gift to the area. The resort is sparred in 5 acres of land contrast with landscape including all facilities. The complex consists of 2 bungalows and 13 rooms, with a combination of a magnificent Lagoon Sea view. The crystal clear aqua sea water and the wide and golden sea beach are unpolluted with the reminisce of seasonal monsoon. The construction is being done in accordance with the landscape of the location. The area is covered with green shady plants with creepers rolling round the trees. Plants such as mangroves, coconut, bananaS and other indigenous trees were always habituated by endemic birds and also in several months of the year full by seasonal birds arriving from many overseas destinations. The turtles encroached the shore to lay down eggs in the area where the resort is located. The resort encourages the occupant to participate in many leisure activities, specially in water sports, such as floating on kayaks, catamarans and in boats.
To reach Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort first of all you will have to arrive to Tangalle main city (if you are coming from Colombo or Galle). Then come along the Tissa Road up to the Marakolliya junction, until you reach 200th and 201st Km post. Then from the junction turn to your right hand side: there is a sign board which will indicate the name of Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort. Then come along the Kapuhenwala Road about 1 Km until you reach your final destination, "The Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort. In the event if you coming from the opposite direction (Hambantota or Rathnapura) turn to your left hand side come along as described above until you reach your final destination “The Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort”.
• Simple Basic tranquil traveller
• Solitude escapes in Sri Lanka
• Exploring Wildlife and Nature nearby
• Budget holiday nearby a beach in Sri Lanka
The resort consists of two types Accommodation facilities: the rooms and the Cabanas.
The resort poses of 13 highly cleaned and hygienic rooms for clients. These rooms are in location which is with a magnificent sea and Lagoon view. It is unbelievable that one who would view the eastern sky from his balcony definitely would enticed by charm and a tranquil Lagoon the golden beach and the tidy sea of the Indian Ocean. It is marvelous to watch the sun set from the beach of the resort, where the sun sinking in the sea likes a red ball in the eastern sky. The rooms are fitted with modern bathroom fittings and the floors are studded with natural tiles. The room has been constructed to suit the western minds.
The cabanas are located in the opposite direction, facing directly with the Lagoon. The panoramic view of the Lagoon, beach and the sea is marvelous and it enhances more attraction, especially in early morning and late evening sessions. The cabanas ensure your privacy. You will be the one who you will be and there is no avenue for outside interferences. If you want to hide away the cabanas are the place for you do so. These are built with natural resources with modern specification to suit European mind.
FOOD & AMENITIES
There is a restaurant and bar located by the lagoon serving mainly Sri Lankan cuisine. Seafood, including crab, prawns and fish, is purchased directly from the local fisherman and prepared to your liking. The resort consists of well trained stewards and room boys. They are efficient in service each to the dot. The kitchen well equipped and will serve your plate of food within few minutes. The management always take care the safety of the clients and will ensure the highest quality in service, food and beverage
Facilities for scuba diving and snorkeling can be arranged to the clients on request. In addition to his dwellers are welcome to play beach volleyball, badminton and carom ect. The natural swimming pool which is a creation of the nature’s wonder deriving from the sea is a plate where the clients could enjoy swimming. The clients who prefer for a sun bath may enjoy by sipping of a glass of beer which will be provided from the beach hut of the resort by lying down in a beachbed on the beach itself.
• Sri Lanka’s picturesque south coast beaches of Tangalle, Dickwella, and Weligama offer swimming, snorkelling, surfing and diving. Mirissa Water Sports offers activities including whale and dolphin watching, snorkelling, sailing, river trips, and sea kayaking.
• Visit the fishing village of Rekuwa, situated walking distance to Lagoon Paradise and learn of the fascinating Marine Turtle Conservation project which is helping to save this endangered species.
• The nearby Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary and Ussangoda can be utterly rewarding for bird watching with numerous species of endemic and migrant birds.
• Yala National Park, one of the largest national parks in the island where elephant and leopard can be seen, a short 90-minute drive away.
• Visit the ancient Mulgirigala temple in Tangalle, which is perched on an enormous boulder more than 200m high and dates back almost 2,000 years. The serene white Dagoba stands at the peak of the rock with magnificent coastal views
UPS & DOWNS
• A tranquil finder who is looking for good value for money.
• Good spot for Nature and wildlife lovers, Yala & Bundala National parks, and for spotting birds in Kalametiya
• See the turtles by nights: it is such delight staying up until late eve for this moment, you won’t regret it
• Walk five minutes up the road to restaurant Lotus Land.
• Far away from the crowds
• The swimming pool is clean, in a beautiful setting and not too crowded.
• The staff at the restaurant is very friendly.
• Stunningly beautiful, pretty much empty beach (Ask the hotel before swimming).
• The tiny Sha-Sha restaurant nearby the resort, down on the beach. Limited menu but amazing location.
• Nothing luxury about this place
• Service sometimes can be slow, but very helpful
• Need some cribs and high chairs to make the place more convenient for families with small kids.
• The bedroom photos on their website are actually from the deluxe rooms. The standard rooms are quite basic.
• The food can be improved. Nice breakfast but mostly average dinner dishes.
• A bit bizarre that you have to ask for cleaning the room, or towels etc. If you need them to be changed everyday ask for new towels and new sheets. Or just reuse them for less environmental impact.
Valid from 1st November 2012 to 30th April 2013
From 50 US$/night per Room.
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.