NEGOMBO | WEST COAST | SRI LANKA
20 minutes to International Airport.
A luxurious contemporary style hotel with an extensive beach frontage in Negombo. After the refurbishment the hotel now has a bright and airy, contemporary look. Relax on Negombo’s sun-kissed beaches, take a ride on a traditional catamaran as it sails into the sunset, and by night fall enjoy a romantic dinner on the beach with the Indian Ocean lapping at your feet. Jetwing Sea is owned by the well-regarded Jetwing Hotels who also owns several other hotels in Negombo, Cultural Triangle, Galle and the hill country. Jetwing Sea offers a convenient place to recover after a long flight, being just 20 minutes drive from the international airport.
There are 53 Deluxe Rooms (according to us it is more standard, so do not expect too much luxury in your room) on the north wing.
Room interiors are stylishly designed with timber floors, black and white murals on the walls and king sized beds dressed in fine white linen.
All the rooms are spacious and have private balconies with beautiful sea views.
In-room facilities include A/C, overhead fan, plasma TV, DVD player, IDD telephone, mini-bar, tea/coffee facility, and electronic safe.
Ensuite bathrooms have hot water showers.
FOOD & AMENITIES
• The main dining area also has an outdoor terrace for al fresco dining with panoramic views of the ocean. Upon request, dinners are served on the beach under a starlit sky. Sri Lankan and western meals are served buffet style or a la carte. A range of wines and other alcoholic beverages are on offer.
• The bar and lounge area with a pool table is located by the main restaurant.
• Jetwing Sea has a spa that offers a range of relaxing massages. For extensive Ayurvedic wellness as well as yoga, guests are welcome to use the facilities at the hotel’s sister property, Ayurveda Pavilions which is just down the road.
• Other hotel facilities include two swimming pools, and a basic equipped gym, but with an amazing sea view.
• The Beach hotel owned by Jetwing Hotels is a central location from which to experience the North West coastal culture, heritage and natural beauty.
• The in-house Naturalist will accompany you on guided tours to see Negombo’s colonial architectural heritage including Portuguese period Catholic Churches, ruins of the Dutch Fort and cemetery, and boat rides along the centuries old Dutch Canals. You can also Visit our office for any excursions nearby or around the island, we are Just a short walk away from here.
• Take a boat ride into the Muthurajawela Marshes - rich in bird life and amphibians.
• Visit a fishing village and the early morning fish auction bustling with activity as the catamarans comes ashore with their bounty of fresh fish, prawns, crabs and lobster.
• Negombo by night also has a vibrant atmosphere with a scattering of bars and restaurants.
• Take A Dutch Canal tour on the boat or (in the season) a local catamaran trip in the sea, off season you can try the Negombo lagoon.
UPS & DOWNS
• Good for Guests who have a mid-range budget
• Good Spa, with a direct view of the Sea. The Gym is also in a priviledged position: even if small, it has big windows facing the see on the second floor.
• Beach front
• The hotel has 2 pools: one with chlorine water and the second one with natural water and not too deep
• It can be fully booked, advance booking is advised.
• Roads can be noisy
• We think it is slightly overpriced with the demand and also with the popularity of tourism in Sri Lanka.
• Even though the Jetwing Hotels Spas are up to a very high standards, watch out for the “LOCAL MASSAGE” places. They try to attract in numerous methods here in Negombo, and over charge you and this is not also the story. There have been unpleasant situations, harassments and many forms of disturbing stories often from female travellers. This is just an opinion and we do not say by this that all places are such. We are here in Negombo so just call us when you are here.
• Outside the hotel, there are too many tuk tuk drivers and for some travellers it can be annoying with the hassling, but this is normal here. If you don’t like, just ignore once and they respect you: they will not come behind nagging.
• Beach hotel Excursions & Day trips are always more expensive. Even a boat trip.
• In our opinion Deluxe is more a standard type. Of course, for long beach stay a Standard Room is not bad, if you are looking for a cheaper holiday.
Valid from 1st November 2013 to 30th April 2014
From 160 US$/night per Room on Double sharing basis.
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.