Eco Retreat near the Beach
TANGALLE | SOUTH COAST| SRI LANKA
4 Hours to International Airport. The village of Kahandamodara is situated off the main southern A2 route and can be accessed along the south coast coming from Tangalle or the Buttala foothills.
A Tastefully completed Eco-retreat set on 11 acres of wilderness nearby to the southern coastal town of Tangalle in Kahandamodara. The Eco retreat is situated on acres of wilderness where peacocks, monkeys and mongoose roam free and is just a 15 minute catamaran ride away from the secluded beaches of the South Coast. This is an ideal holiday retreat for those sorting peace and tranquility or those with a fondness for nature walks, cycle trails, river fishing, and boating.
Created by its Sri Lankan owners who also own the Eco retreats nearby Sigiriya Rock Fortress, this eco-friendly retreat has been designed with the greatest respect to nature and the surrounding village community. Travellers can choose to stay at the main bungalow which has 3 bedrooms and an airy upper deck that is ideal for yoga or meditation; or in the cottage which has a large bedroom, private dining and verandah. Buildings are tastefully designed using locally available materials and has rust colored walls, contrasting turquoise doors and windows, polished cement floors and clay-tiled roofs. Interiors are beautifully designed with timber and polished cement details including beds, dining table and even the wash basins giving it a contemporary look.
SUPERB FOR• Eco minded travellers
• Those seeking silence & Harmony
• Who enjoys Nature
• To explore Sri lanka’s Southern coast & National Park |Yala & Bundala | Kalametiya| Tangalla Beach
The two-storey bungalow has three comfortable double bedrooms of which one is more spacious and has a loft that can sleep an extra person. All rooms open out to the gardens and the backwoods beyond. The ensuite bathrooms are well planned and have wash basin, w/c and h/w showers. The cottage situated separately has a large bedroom that can sleep three, an ensuite bathroom with a bathtub and h/w shower. The bedroom in the cottage opens out to a verandah furnished with a four-seater table and built in lounge chairs.
FOOD & AMENITIES
• The bungalow has bedrooms downstairs and an open-sided upper floor which is light and breezy and used for reading, bird watching, yoga or even meditation.
• The ground floor has a dining area with a 10-seater cement and timber dining table. Sri Lankan rice and curries and light snacks are served here prepared with fresh local produce, including seafood. A BBQ is organized on a starlit night in the garden. Alcohol is not available here, but guests are welcome to bring their own.
• Kahandamodara is equipped with mountain bikes, a catamaran, life jackets and binoculars. Staff knows the area very well and can take you on nature trails, biking, river fishing and boating.
• For those interested in organic farming and environmental conservation, the in-house agronomist will be happy to share his knowledge and experience.
• Visit the ancient Mulkirigala temple nearby, which is perched on an enormous boulder more than 200m high.
• The nearby Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary and Ussangoda can be utterly rewarding for bird watching with numerous species of endemic and migrant birds.
• Visit Rekuwa, a small fishing village situated nearby where a fascinating Marine Turtle Conservation project is helping to save this endangered species.
• Both Uda Walawe and Yala National Parks can be reached in less than two hours.
• For those seeking the sun and surf, Sri Lanka’s picturesque south coast beaches of Tangalle, Dickwella, and Weligama are ideal for swimming, snorkelling, surfing and diving.
• Whale and Dolphin watching is possible at Mirissa during the season from December to April.
UPS & DOWNS
• Great Place for watching wildlife
• Organic food
• Good base for excursions to National parks & Bird watching
• Mosquitoes in the evening
• No Nightlife, but if you seek tranquility this is the place to be.
Valid from 1st November 2012 to 30th April 2013
From 120 US$/night per Room.
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.