SIGIRIYA TREE HOUSES
SIGIRIYA| CULTURAL TRIANGLE | SRI LANKA
20 Mins from Sigiriya, 3.30 hrs from Colombo International Airport.
A perfect Eco Hideaway in the Cultural Triangle. The small wattle and daub restaurant / lounge area is situated in a central clearing overlooking a man made pond. Guests can sleep in a tree house or a wooden cottage on stilts that incorporates the natural landscape, including trees and large granite boulders. Go on a nature trail with the in-house naturalist and on the way back, cool off with a dip in the Dehigahaela. Once back at the retreat, indulge in sumptuous traditional rice and curry meal cooked in clay pots. Life at this truly eco-retreat is unhurried. This is nature at its best.
The Eco retreat in the cultural triangle spreads over seven acres of wilderness with plenty of birds and, intermittently, even the occasional wild elephant passing by.
The Cultural Triangle sites of Sigiriya, Dambulla, Polonnaruwa, Anuradhapura and the wildlife parks of Minneriya, Kaudulla and Wasgomuva can be accessed from here.
• Eco minded travellers
• Those seeking tranquility
• Those who enjoy nature at its best
• To explore Sri lanka’s Cultural triangle |Sigiriya | Anuradhapura | Polonnaruwa | Dambulla
Two wooden tree houses with thatched roofs each have a sleeping area with a double mattress on the timber floor fitted with mosquito netting and accessed via a wooden ladder.
The bathroom with h/w shower is located just below on the ground floor. Of the two cottages, one is a triple and the other a double.
The cottages are built into the hilly terrain and consist of a bedroom with double or twin beds with mosquito netting, attached bathroom with open air h/w shower, and verandah.
FOOD & AMENITIESThe restaurant is near a lounge area, which also has a library offering books on Sri Lanka’s wildlife and cultural heritage.
Sri Lankan cuisine is served here cooked with fresh vegetables from the village. There is a limited choice of meats.
Solar power is used for h/w and electricity and water on tap is from the well.
The manager here is also a naturalist who is happy to share his knowledge and experience as well as accompany guest on bird watching and nature trails. There is also a cook and caretaker.
• Go bird watching and trekking in the surrounding wilderness.
• Explore the remote village of Alakolaweva with its wattle and daub village homes, paddy fields and wayside boutiques.
• Visit the ruins of the ancient Kaludiya Pokuna located 4 kms away.
• Although the large expanse of Minneriya National Park border is just behind this property, the entrance gates are 20 kms away.
• Visit the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is only about 20 minutes from here.
• Venture further to Dambulla rock temple, the ruined cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa or the large selection of mystical cultural triangle sites.
UPS & DOWNS
• Our accommodation choice for our Eco Holidays
• Best spot to explore ancient cities of Sri Lanka, such as Sigiriya, Dambulla and Polonnaruwa.
• Easy to Explore Minneriya and Kaudulla national parks from here.
• Mosquitoes specially in the evenings
• If you are afraid of frogs in the room and occasionally seeing a cobra or viper, this is not the place for you
• The road to the place is very bumpy. Expect 20 minutes of rough road. But the trip worth the effort.
• Possible sighting elephants nearby and during the evening. If this scares you, don’t go here!
Valid from 1st November 2012 to 30th April 2013
From 130 US$/night per Room.
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.