JETWING VIL UYANA
SIGIRIYA| CULTURAL TRIANGLE | SRI LANKA
4 hours from International Airport.
'Vil Uyana', meaning "a garden of ponds", is an evocative lifestyle hotel with splendid eco credentials, located just minutes away from the Sigiriya Rock Fortress. The historic sites of Dambulla, Anuradhapura, and Polonnaruwa are all nearby.
A nature-inspired, eco-friendly resort in the midst of a man-made nature reserve, Jetwing Vil Uyana is uniquely peaceful retreat with a stunning lake attracting local wildlife, an Ayurvedic spa, creative regional cuisine and attentive service, all in the heart of Sri Lanka’s Cultural Triangle. Spacious thatched cabanas stand on stilts over water, paddy fields and reed beds or are in a jungle setting. All the accommodation at Jetwing Vil Uyana has a private deck and an outdoor dining area to enjoy nature to the full. Some have a private plunge pool. Start this wonderful lifestyle experience with a soothing massage in the spa, or a dip in the refreshing pool.
Having viewed the rock fortress of Sigiriya from your villa at Vil Uyana , attempt the climb up hundreds of steps to the summit and discover its fascinating, ancient cave frescoes en route. Then visit the cave temple at Dambulla dating back to the 1st-century BC. Later, take an open-top jeep safari excursion through Minneriya National Park where you may well sight wild elephants, leopards, sloths and monkeys.
SUPERB FOR• Natural luxury
• Eco Friendly Ultra Luxury Holiday escape in Sri lanka
• Want to Get Married here?
• The Best honeymoon escape in the Cultural triangle, Sri Lanka
• Run & Hide holidays
• For Absolute tranquility & Bliss
Housing is in the form of 25 individual dwellings on stilts situated in 3 distinct habitats - water, paddy field and forest. These enormous, plush dwellings, connected by wooden walkways, have timber flooring, ceilings of rattan and bamboo, and sloping roofs thatched with coconut palm. Furnished with luxurious king size beds, each dwelling has a private outdoor deck with scenic views and an outdoor dining area. Some have plunge pools on the deck and even private swimming pools. The bathrooms are spacious and elegantly designed with a large sunken bathtub and rain showers. Other facilities include a/c, IDD telephone, mini bar, 29'' flat screen TV and satellite channels, coffee/tea making facilities, Bose DVD/CD Home Entertainment system, electronic safe, and even your own sarong, pair of reed slippers and umbrella. (See for more information below, on types of Dwellings)
Paddy Field/ Marsh Dwellings (each 1,240 sq. ft)
Surrounded by the ever changing colours of paddy cultivations and the clear blue skies to go with them, you have twelve marsh or paddy dwellings to choose your haven from. Blending perfectly with their respective habitats, each dwelling is built on stilts over marsh or paddy field giving you a sense of being at one with the natural environs that surround you so closely. All are equally expansive and creatively furnished in traditional rustic style with all the modern amenities you need as standard in each one. Of the six marsh dwellings, two have a wide private deck overlooking the scrubland and the marshes, whilst four marsh dwellings and all paddy dwellings vary in basic design. All paddy and marsh dwellings have their own deck with inspiring views across the scrubland or the paddy fields. Two marsh dwellings and all paddy dwellings also have a private plunge pool set into the surroundings, where you may easily be tempted to enjoy an entire day of submerged leisure if you feel so.
The Jala Mandapa's (Water Dwellings) (each 1,240 sq. ft)
The eco haven of Jetwing Vil Uyana is a beautifully serene retreat near the cultural hub of Dambulla. Possibly one of the first in the world to construct a wetland system with lakes and reed beds to form a private nature reserve the Water Dwellings breathtaking habitats with the rooms built over the lake. Three very special havens that transport you to an ethereal world, cosy comforts await you within its fold too. Woven ceilings reach high, wooden floors so cool to step on to, and space – a vast expanse of it, is yours to rule. Muted colours and white linen complement to perfection the tones of woven reed that form an essential part of the decor. Out on your private balcony watch the blue water lilies and pink lotuses float by as the herons perch unflappable on the long wooden walkways that lead to your room.
Vana Aavasa (Forest Dwellings) (each 1,240 sq. ft)
Built from earth and stone to merge seamlessly into their forest habitat, these two story dwellings are delightfully rustic on the outside, yet sumptuously indulgent on the inside – and you have 10 to select yours from. Each, an expansive refuge of absolute comfort with plenty of room to simply linger, laze around and enjoy at first hand, the wonderful stories Mother Nature unfolds at your very door, every minute of the day and night. Every modern facility one takes for granted, is tastefully concealed within, so you never have to miss out on any luxury. The decor is stylishly simple, with natural tones and crisp whites rhyming in harmony with the muted shades of woven reeds and rattan. Built on two levels, every forest dwelling has a spacious bedroom with a lounge area. Downstairs, a dining room and a wonderfully tempting private swimming pool fuses perfectly with the surrounding forest backdrop – a place where you can dip in, close your eyes and imagine yourself completely at one with nature.
FOOD & AMENITIES
• The Vil Uyana has quite a few of dining options including two restaurant areas: Sulang café, surrounded by water, and Apsara fine dining restaurant with magnificent view of Sigiriya. Other dining options include Spa dining at the Island Spa, Signature dining on the deck within the privacy of your own dwelling, Cellar dining at Vil Uyana's excellently-stocked wine cellar, and outdoor dining at the Kamatha by the paddy fields, where a typical village rice and curry meal is offered on a banana leaf. Sri Lankan rice and curries and international cuisine is on offer.
• A special vegetarian menu is also available. Vil Uyana's tranquil library is filled with numerous titles including books on Sri Lanka and had the most relaxing situation, with a lotus-filled pond on one side and a waterway on the other. The Island Spa & Wellness Center consists of a fully-equipped a/c gym surrounded by water, a yoga pavilion, and a wellness center headed by an Ayurvedic Physician.
• Aromatherapy and Ayurveda herbal oils are used for the wide array of relaxing massages, wraps and body works that are on offer. The therapy rooms surrounded by water and open to the natural surroundings are ideal for relaxation. Here, the sounds of nature - birdcalls, flowing water and rustling leaves combined with the gentle, caring hands of the therapists will lull you to sleep. Vil Uyana's commitment to the country's heritage, nature and wildlife is undeniable. An in-house naturalist can take guests on guided nature walks and excursions.
• There is also a Research Centre on site for educational institutions, organizations, and individuals. This is equipped with a computer lab, library, and accommodation in the form of two deluxe bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and dining area.
• Visit the Dambulla Cave Temples, which date back to the 1st century BC, and learn about the meaning behind the stunning frescoes Climb Sigiriya, the 5th century rock fortress and admire the painted maidens and mirror wall, Visit the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka’s second capital, Spend the day exploring the architectural treasures at Anuradhapura, the country’s first capital
• Sigiriya bird trail takes you through to the foothills of the Sigiriya rock and the Sigiriya tank. Numerous species of water birds inhabits this area.
• The "Popham Arboretum" is another interesting excursion for those interested in gaining insight into the trees and foliage of the dry zone. Located about 15 km from the Vil Uyana along the Kandalama road, this is one of the few arboretums in the country where more than 68 different species of dry zone trees can be identified.
• Jump into a hot air balloon and enjoy an aerial view at dawn or sunset of the stunning landscape of jungle, rocky outcrops, and National Parks (November-April).
UPS & DOWNS
• You Can walk from here to Sigiriya Rock, great base for exploring the Cultural Sight of Sri Lanka
• All rooms are generally maintained to very high quality standard.
• A first-class chef , wines & service.
• Recommended for families.
• Absolute privacy and good for honeymoon Highs
• Forest villa, they are the best!!
• The only issue can be mosquitoes!!
RATESValid from 1st November 2012 to 30th April 2013
From 315 US$/night per Room.
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.