NEGOMBO AREA | WEST COAST| SRI LANKA
2O Mins from International Airport. 30 Mins from Negombo Beach. 1hr from Colombo
A stylish and peaceful retreat nestled in exotic tropical gardens, close to Colombo's airport. Sri Lanka.
Whether you are disembarking from a long flight or preparing to embark on one, an icy cold drink, a friendly face, good food and a restful room seem heaven-sent. The W, as it's known, was once a country estate belonging to the head chieftain of Galle, and it's ideally situated for a stopover on your way in or out of Colombo airport. But with its small spa, excellent chef, gorgeous pool and exotic gardens, it's the kind of place you might want to linger. Use it as a base for exploring the city's shops, museums and nearby golf courses, or a couple of days' gentle acclimatization.
The 14 rooms are spacious and comfy. Dark woods are offset by bright striped and floral fabrics, and fresh flowers waft their scent throughout. History buffs will love the background of the hotel; tired bodies will luxuriate in the comfy beds.
It's beautifully quiet - you would never know you're only 20 mins from the international airport, and 45-60 from the hustle and bustle of Sri Lanka's capital. And best of all, the staff are stand-out; as you get to know them by name, it feels like being with family. The Wallawwa is a great hotel by any standards - not just a great stopover near the airport. The Wallawwa is en route to the Cultural Triangle, hill country and the southern coast. The Wallawwa is easily accessible yet entirely secluded - a luxury private hideaway.
• Perfect for your Last and first nights in Sri Lanka, as it is luxury quiet place and near the Airport
• Can be used as base to explore Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka
• Luxury boutique-styled small hotel
ROOMSThere are 14 luxurious bedrooms of which 10 are Garden Suites and four Wallawwa Bedrooms. The stylish interiors are furnished with Balinese four-poster beds and writing desk. In-room facilities include widescreen satellite TV, wifi internet access, coffee/tea making facilities, and electronic safe. The terrazzo lined en-suite bathrooms have twin vanities and rain showers.
Wallawwa Bedrooms: These bedrooms are best suited for guests looking for a short pre or post flight stopover. These rooms are also ideal for families as they can be booked with interconnecting Garden Suites. The twin W Bedrooms – of which there are two – do not have a view of the gardens and are recommended only as interconnecting rooms for children or as a transit or day room.
Garden Suites: Situated around the central courtyard, the Garden Suites are more spacious and has a sitting area and private verandah.
FOOD & AMENITIES
The restaurant is situated on the front verandah overlooking the croquet lawn and serves exquisite Asian Fusion cuisine. There are several vegetarian options as well as a special children’s menu. Meals are also served in the gardens or in the privacy of your own bedroom. The Z Spa has and four treatment rooms. The extensive spa menu includes relaxing Balinese and Shiatzu massages and beauty treatments. Other facilities include a library with interesting titles on Sri Lankan and international philosophy, politics, culture and heritage; office room equipped with a computer and printer; and a gift shop. The swimming pool is tucked away in a quiet corner of the extensive gardens. Numerous species of birds can be spotted in the Wallawwa gardens which are scattered with giant ferns and tall tropical trees. The Wallawwa provides a personalised service with a team of butlers to cater for your every whim.
Children's meals: Kids menu available
Families Should Know: There are unfenced ponds and a pool so keep an eye on small children at all times.
A good option for families, with safe, lawned grounds (though the pool and pond are not protected in any way), and excellent, flexible service. The restaurant has a kids' menu and highchairs.
Best for: Teenagers (over 12 years)
Family friendly accommodation: Garden suites have an extra bed for a child - actually a window seat made into a bed. 2 pairs of rooms are interconnecting (1 double Garden Suite and 1 twin Wallawwa room, in each case). When booked together, there is a discount (ask for details).
• Visit the coastal town of Negombo with its sun-kissed beaches, watersports, catamarans and fishing villages, colonial period architecture, restaurants and beachside cafes.
• Consider a morning’s excursion to the capital city of Colombo where the main attractions include the National Museum, temples and kovils, and shopping for gems and jewelry, clothes and home ware.
• Shops worth visiting in Colombo include Paradise Road, Barefoot and ODEL.
• Book a massage in the spa - a must for those coming off a long haul flight, but an affordable treat at any time.
• Head to the pool for a swim, or lounge by its side on those too-hot-to-move days, If it rains, curl up in the library with a book or play one of the board games till the storm passes
UPS & DOWNS
• Spacious rooms just 20 minutes from the airport - ideal for pre or post flight stopovers
• Onsite spa with an excellent masseuse
• Truly excellent service; staff have been trained in some of the best hotels in Sri Lanka and it shows
• A refreshingly varied menu combining Sri Lankan curries plus adventurous western styles
• Hot water can be erratic due to the solar panels (but it seems that it has been fixed by the installation of extra thermostats)
• Watch out for the extra charge for WiFi
• You are a fair way out of Colombo and need to take a taxi to other restaurants and shops
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Best Price Guaranteed on below Options:
Minimum 2 Nights + Vehicle Transfer, at least one way
Minimum 4 Nights in this property or in a number of properties combined.
(Hotels, Boutique Hotels, Bungalows, Guest Houses, Eco Lodges or Villas)
We only accept bookings for the minimum periods above stated.
Please enquire for rates. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable).
In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.