AMAYA LANGDALE |A CENTURY OLD COLONIAL HOTEL WITH ITS OLD WORLD CHARM
NUWARA ELIYA | HILL COUNTRY| SRI LANKA
30 Mins from Nuwara Eliya town. Option of hopping on board an Air Taxi from Colombo (1 hour distance), landing on Lake Gregory, Nuwara Eliya.
This 13-bedroom small hotel is in the stunning hills that surround the old Colonial hill station of Nuwara Eliya. In the heart of the traditional tea country, the property provides an opportunity to experience the charm and stunning scenery of the colonial heartland of Sri Lanka in a wonderfully converted early twentieth century building.
The well-appointed bedrooms open on to spectacular views of the surrounding tea hills.
The bedrooms are divided into Superior, Luxury, and Deluxe categories. Bedrooms are furnished with antique-style king or queen-size beds.
Luxury Rooms: the four spacious Luxury Rooms also consists of a living area and opens out to the tea hills. Ensuite bathroom with Jacuzzi. Luxury Rooms are located on the second floor.
Deluxe Rooms: there are five Deluxe rooms with mountain views located on the second floor. Ensuite bathroom has h/w showers. One of the Deluxe Rooms is a triple furnished with three single beds which is ideal for children.
Superior Rooms: Smaller in size, these four Superior Rooms are located on the ground floor closer to the reception area and has garden views.
In-room facilities include:
• Electric heaters
• 30 inch LCD TV with satellite channels
• Wi-Fi Internet
• Tea/coffee facility
• Room service and laundry service
FOOD & AMENITIES
• Organic Produce
• Walk to restaurants
Lunch and dinner is served in the main restaurant and depending on the weather, breakfast is served in the garden. Sri Lankan and international cuisine is on offer prepared with fresh upcountry vegetables. There is also a variety of alcoholic beverages on offer.
Other hotel facilities include:
• A bar with a snooker table
• Satellite TV where international cricket and rugby matches are screened;
• Reading room with a library
• Fire place;
• A tranquil spa offering relaxing massages;
• Indoor games,
• Mountain bikes
• Temperature controlled infinity swimming pool set amidst landscaped gardens.
• The Hotel also organizes trail biking, trekking, bird watching and photography excursions. Future plans include a putting green, croquet, and a children’s play area.
• Hike to the Great Western Mountain Range accompanied by an English speaking guide.
• Go on a guided tour around a tea estate and factory - an enlightening experience where you can learn about the process of tea production, before it gets to your cup.
• Enroute visit the old Radalla Sports Club that dates back to Colonial times.
• Take a trip to Nuwara Eliya and explore the leafy by roads lined with tall pine trees and heritage mansions.
• There is tennis and snooker at the Hill Club
• Jogging around the Race Course
• Golf at the century-old Nuwara Eliya Golf Club with its tight fairways and testing greens. (Best to book in advance)
• Explore the Horton Plains National Park - an undulating 2000metre high plateau located south of Nuwara Eliya. The most dramatic feature of the national park is “World’s End” where the plateau comes to an abrupt end and drops almost a 1000m straight.
UPS & DOWNS
• Perfect Location to Explore Horton Plains (World's End)
• The Only hotel in Nuwara Eliya with heated swimming pool and with a swimming pool
• Stunning Views
• Good friendly staff
• Regular rain and Wet weather generally in Nuwara Eliya can interrupt your outdoor activities, saying this it is ideal for those who wish to stay inside during busy itinerary and rest.
• Service sometimes can be slower
• Drive can be rough
• Out of the way from Nuwara Eliya
• Make your Food order and explain what you have exactly in mind. Sometimes Sri Lankan standards are not quite to the expectation of the western standard, when it comes to western food. However, it is not fair to expect these standards in Southern Asian countries: it is like a Sri Lankan coming to one of the Western counties and expecting the very same standards ordering a traditional rice and Curry meal in local restaurant: it would not be possible to have the same spices and same vegetables as in Sri Lanka.
Valid from 1st November 2012 to 30th April 2013. MINIMUM 3 NIGHTS BOOKING IN THIS PROPERTY OR IN A COMBINATION OF PROPERTIES.
From 250 US$/night per Room. For exchange rate please see www.xe.com
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.