Galle Face Hotel | Regency Wing
COLOMBO | WEST COAST | SRI LANKA
1.20hrs to International Airport.
A Masterpiece of Victorian architecture, once the mansion of a British Governor, established in 1864 in the heart of Colombo. The Galle Face Hotel, possesses an unrivalled location in the capital, on the edge of the Indian Ocean and at the foot of Galle Face Green, and offers an attractive, colonial-style choice to travellers seeking a change from standard five-star business hotels. The Hotel has been refurbished in 2013. The Galle Face's new up market Regency wing offers a notable change between old and new. It adds in the conventional Victorian features so effectively that already it blends seamlessly with the older part of the hotel. While completed in early 2006, there is no sense of glitzy modernity. Its stately wooden paneling and floors, and staunchly Victorian rooms, are immediately resonant of a bygone age. Like the Classic wing of the hotel, the Regency keeps the distinguished and well-mannered ambiance that gave it such fame in the colonial age. The Galle Face Regency is a member of Select Hotels & Resorts International.
SUPERB FOR• Big City Explorer
• Business traveler who wants a bit of Character other than typical Business hotels
• Shopping addicts
• Night life lovers & Events
2-bedroom Suites (Regency) - Oceanic Family Deluxe overlooks the ocean. Regency Piazza Junior Suite. Regency Piazza Suite. Regency Oceanic Suite has ocean view from Jacuzzi. Regency Oceanic Spa Suite has view of spa and ocean, with two Jacuzzis.
Three-bedroom suites (Imperial) - Imperial Piazza Suite has three luxury rooms, with view of the shopping piazza.
Four-bedroom suites (Royal) - Royal Oceanic Suite has four luxury rooms, with spectacular ocean views and two Jacuzzis. Royal Oceanic Spa Suite is similar.
Eight-bedroom suite - Royal Oceanic Grand Spa Suite has eight bedrooms spread over two floors with a private stairway. There are views of the ocean and of the spa with two balconies and in-room Jacuzzis.
FOOD & AMENITIES
• A wide selection of restaurants and bars is headed by the Verandah Restaurant (western and Oriental cuisine)
• The Seaspray fish restaurant and the 1864 Room, a sedate fine-dining restaurant.
• The tranquility of a pre-dinner drink on the verandah, as the sun retreats, has charmed many for more than a century
• The Barista Deli and Inn on the Green British pub, accessed from Galle Road, attract a younger crowd.
• There is a wine lounge with underground wine cellar (designed for connoisseur's of fine wines, cheeses and cigars), snooker room, small museum and art gallery, extensive banqueting and conference facilities, business centre, laundry, childcare, small Piazza shopping arcade. The Regency wing has its own reception area. Note: sports facilities are limited.
• This is an ideal base from which to explore Colombo, including its Colonial history during the Portuguese, Dutch and the British periods in Sri Lanka. Interesting sites include the Fort and Pettah, the capital’s largest bazaar, several old Dutch churches, the National Museum and the Dutch Museum.
• The capital is also famous for its shopping, especially Paradise Road, Barefoot and Odel.
• Golfers will enjoy the Royal Colombo Golf Club, a short 15-minute drive.
• Shop the city’s boutiques for everything from beautiful batiks, Indian silks and blue sapphires to stunning homeware pieces and antiques.
• Explore the wealth of culinary knowledge: there are fine Japanese (Nihonbashi, walking distance), Thai, Indian, Italian and Greek restaurants
• Take a helicopter ride above the city to get an aerial perspective
• Take a Walk at the Galle Face Green and watch the sunset, fly a kite and sample some traditional street food
• For the artistic minded visit the small art galleries and exhibition spaces
• Spoil yourself in spa treatments at the handful of world-class salon
UPS & DOWNS
• Nothing perfect than to be in a bit City and still feel you are not in a big city. Its old charm and character, the relaxing views over the Indian Ocean, or have swim and sit with a beer and watch the ships heading to the Colombo harbour nearby. Or simply enjoy your suite.
• Great base to explore many shops, Cafés, Restaurants, and Museum and Galleries of the city.
• Ideal for Business travellers who seek not a typical business and unpersonal hotel.
• Great for Meetings, incentives and events.
• To get married or for Honeymooners.
• Since it can be a busy hotel, the service and attention is demanding and sometimes it is also possible you feel staff is too slow and also enjoying the holiday with their colleagues.
• The standard of the hotel is wavy, in terms of rooms & service. For this reason we are offering only the Regency Wing.
• Some visitors fall in love with the place, its history and charm and some feel disappointed. But out of 10 opinions, 7 of them are satisfied.
• Sometimes the Water, Electricity, Wi-Fi or Rooms Service don’t work and perhaps greater application to staff training would help to bring about greater consistency.
Valid from 1st November 2014 to 30th April 2015
From 150 USD/night per Room on Double Sharing Basis (REGENCY WING).
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.