COLONIAL HOUSE IN GALLE
GALLE FORT | SOUTH COAST| SRI LANKA
1.30 Hours to International Airport. 15 minutes from Unawatuna's sun-kissed beaches.
A refurbished colonial-period house located within Galle’s 17C Dutch Fort. Situated at the edge of the ramparts, the sea views from the second floor are wonderful.
Fort Bliss is a four-bedroom property owned by a Sri Lankan family that has lived within the Galle Fort for many generations. The villa is accessed via Lighthouse Street and stretches up to Rampart Street. A tall parapet wall at the edge of the property provides much privacy. The interiors at Fort Bliss are spacious, airy and well equipped. The ground floor consists of a living and dining area and two bedrooms opening out to a narrow strip of garden. The upper floor has three more bedrooms with sea views. Fort Bliss can be rented by the room or as a whole and can accommodate up to eight guests.
• Ideal for Galle Fort explorers
• Family & group of Friends
• Spa obsessed travellers, try the Well-known Amangalla Baths - offering a comprehensive list of Balinese, Thai and Ayurvedic indulgences, plus hydrotherapy. This is the only serious spa in the Southern province.
The 4 bedrooms are spacious and furnished with antique twin or double beds, almirah and work desk. The polished cement floors are given a hint of colour and vary in each of the rooms. In-room facilities include a/c, overhead ceiling fans, and safe. The ensuite bathrooms have h/w showers.
Green Room: Located on the ground floor, this room is furnished with twin beds and opens out on to the narrow garden.
Yellow & Blue Rooms: These are located on the upper floor and are furnished with double beds. Both rooms open out to a balcony and sea views from one side.
Master Bedroom: This is a spacious room with a king-size four-poster bed, couch and cupboard. This room opens out to a small sit out and has direct sea views over the tall boundary wall.
FOOD & AMENITIES
The living and dining rooms open out to a small sit out and strip of garden. Living room has cable TV. The entire house has wifi internet. Dine in the living room which is furnished with a 10 seater table or out on the verandah. There is also a well equipped kitchen. Sri Lankan or western breakfasts are served here. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants where guests can choose to have their other meals. Most will deliver to the house. For Bliss is staffed with a manager, cook and housekeeper.
• Fort Bliss is walking distance to the museums, shops, and cafes within Galle Fort. Take a walk along the maze of narrow roadways lined with Dutch and British period buildings still in use, the sturdy ramparts looking out to sea, the lighthouse and the growing collection of shops and restaurants.
• Swimming, surfing and scuba diving is possible during the season from December to April in Unawatuna, Ahangama and Mirissa. Experience Unawatuna’s youthful lifestyle and the rustic beach bars and restaurants.
• Visit the Rhumassala Temple with beautiful views stretching out over the Indian Ocean. A walk around the headland near the temple is very special. Famed for the natural medicinal herbs nearby you will walk through hidden villages and verdant jungle valleys eventually finding yourself on "Jungle Beach"- a little-known and secluded beach.
• There are some fine beaches also in Mirissa and Hikkaduwa
UPS & DOWNS
• Rooms with antique furniture
• Superb service
• Perfect for Exploring Galle fort
• Good restaurants nearby
• The villa has no swimming pool
• Good wine shops are limited
• Galle Fort sometimes in the weekends and Evenings can get a bit noisy with the local
Valid from 1st November 2012 to 30th April 2013
Rates on Request.
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.